tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dan Thiffault <dani...@gspiral.com>
Subject JAAS and Datasources
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:45:19 GMT
Hello,
	I am trying to transition my companies internal applications from IIS
contained ASP pages to jsp pages using struts on tomcat.  Currently we
are using tomcat 4 but we could easily be swayed to switching to
version 5 as we are just in the beginning stages of development.
Currently our internal web apps are secured using integrated windows
authentication.  We have a custom component to check user roles in
active directory.  Connections to our sql db are handled using a
component which runs under fixed permissions.  With our new setup we
would like to continue using windows integrated authentication. We
already have a form based login working with active directory.
Secondly, but more importantly, after authenticating the user as valid
for the particular resource, we would like to use their credentials to
log on to our MS SQL server, which we currently have using mixed mode
authentication. I've searched through a number of web sites but I feel
a little lost as to where to begin.  My best guess is that we want to
use JAAS with Kerberos 5 for authenticating but I'm not sure once a
user is authenticated within an app how that would be applied to a
datasource's credentials.  Is the db connection made using a JAAS run
as?

Thank you for any direction, ideas, or sample code.

-Dan T