tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sean Campbell <s...@enertiasoft.com>
Subject JMX questions
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2004 19:04:16 GMT
Background:

I'm trying to implement a custom MBean to be accessable through the
/manager/jmxproxy application.  I've read the mbeans-descriptor-howto
document, and have put together what I believe is a correct descriptor,
and don't get any errors when tomcat (version 5 is what we're using)
starts up.  Problem is, I don't see my MBean through the proxy
interface.

Question:

Does jmxproxy support custom MBeans?  If so, does it support only Model
MBeans?  I ask this because my MBean is a simple one, not dynamic or
model.  Is there any way to test that my MBean is loaded and
accessable, short of putting together a seperate JMX agent or client to
access it?  If I wanted to use an external client to manage all of
tomcat's MBeans, inclusing my custom one, how would i go about that?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sincerely,

Sean Campbell
Developer