tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "wuhui" <zg_wu...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Very Very Slow performance of Tomcat
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Antonio_Fiol_Bonnín,
	can you give us something test data such as throughput, Average response time etc. as a reference
? including hw configuration and software configuration?

>Is maxProcessors lower than Apache's MaxClients?
>
>Are you hitting the max. number of connections to your database?
>
>When it goes slow, does it hang later?
>
>Are you closing all your connections to the DB?
>

>Q: ---> Is there a "checklist" somewhere for this kind of things? It
>would be useful for nearly everyone.
>

>Antonio Fiol
>

>Deepak Hegde wrote:
>
>>Hi All,
>>
>>I am running Tomcat 4 and Apache 1.3 and Struts Framework on Sun Sparc
>>machine having O.S 5.8 version.
>>
>>Web application is developed to use Postgres Database also.
>>
>>I am facing lots of performance issues with Tomcat i.e sometimes tomcat process hangs
and website stops opening and some times it goes very slow. The Problem gets sloved when i
restart the tomcat service again.

>>I am really struggling find out the reason for this....
>>
>>Somebody please help me ..
>>
>>Regards,
>>Deepak

ĦĦĦĦĦĦĦĦĦĦĦĦĦĦĦĦwuhui