tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject Order of Filters & Listeners
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 20:16:40 GMT

It looks like SessionListener happens before Filters.

I have a couple of Filters, after which there is a userid in session
scope.  I was hoping, in a SessionListener, to pick up that userid and
use it to read something from the database, but no dice since things
happen in the opposite order.

I went looking for a RequestListener, but I'm on Tomcat 4.1 right now,
and anyway for all I know that happens before the Filters also.

Right now it looks like I'll put in another Filter, even though this
stuff only needs to happen once per Session.

Other suggestions welcome!

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.