tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: HomesUserDatabase
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 15:50:11 GMT

Howdy,
Hmmm...

>  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.startup.UserConfig"
>            directoryName="webapps"
>            homeBase="/home/nfs"
>            userClass="org.apache.catalina.startup.HomesUserDatabase"/>
>
>...and when I went to restart Tomcat, I got this:
>
>Feb 24, 2004 3:49:34 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
>INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on port 8080
>Feb 24, 2004 3:49:34 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
>INFO: Initialization processed in 1971 ms
>java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
<snip/>
>Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.UserConfig.log(UserConfig.java:420)
<snip/>

Line 420 is System.out.println("UserConfig[" + host.getName() + "]: "
..., so the host must be null is your get an NPE there (source code:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/s
hare/org/apache/catalina/startup/UserConfig.java?annotate=1.2).

Why would the host reference be null?  I'm not sure.  Can you post the
complete host element of your server.xml?

Yoav Shapira