tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <>
Subject RE: Trouble with admin login
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:45:01 GMT

>i got the bundle Tomcat 4.1.29 with Slide 2.0b1. And i can't login into
>administration tool of tomcat. I checked "tomcat-users.xml" and there
>the admin user has no password. But also when i change it I can't
>But what could be wrong ? I search through the mail archive, but I
> any helpful threads...

You should add a user to tomcat-users.xml which has the admin and
manager roles.  Use whatever user ID and password you like.  Then
restart tomcat, and try to log in to the admin webapp with this user.
If it still doesn't work, please post the specific errors you're seeing.

Yoav Shapira

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message