tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Apache Tomcat/5.0.19 manager app
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 21:13:10 GMT

Howdy,

>I just upgraded from 4.1.29 to 5.0.19.
>How does tomcat find the manager and admin
>apps? In the older versions, they used
>context fragments in the standard webapps
>directory that effectively pointed to
>../server/webapps. I don't see this
>mechanism in 5.0.19 and want to know
>how it works.

Boy, sometimes it's disheartening to see someone who's clearly
intelligent not bother to read the docs we spent time writing ;(

Look in the $CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost directory.  Or more
generally, $CATALINA_HOME/conf/[engine name]/[host name].  Also, make
sure you read the relevant docs linked below.  As I mentioned earlier
today, this is an area of significant change in tomcat5.

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/deployer-howto.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/config/host.html#Automat
ic%20Application%20Deployment
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/config/host.html