tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: tomcat 5 initiating jndi lookup to weblogic 8.1 / save my soul!
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:25:25 GMT

Howdy,

>My jar is in WEB-INF lib for my application, not common lib.

Good.

>As for the contents of wlclient.jar, as opposed to a class list, I'm
>including a list of packages.  I can include classes if it will help
you,
>but don't want to clog everyones inbox.

No, packages are fine.

>javax\ejb - maybe 20 classes

Hmm... Do any of the classes in that package clash with tomcat's
server/lib classes?

>a large slew of weblogic\corba weblogic\ejb20 weblogic\j2eeclient
>weblogic\jndi weblogic\kernel weblogic\rmi weblogic\security
>weblogic\transaction weblogic\util classes.

All the ones that start with weblogic.* are fine, as they don't clash
with tomcat's classes.

>There are a ton of classes in the weblogic folders and I'm not sure
it's
>worth my time to try to see which ones implement JMX functionality.
I've
>taken to trying to create a custom jar file with only the classes that
my

Yup, we used to do that as well.  But we've since junked WebLogic and
just use OpenJMS for our JMS server.  Must simpler, smaller server as
well as simpler and smaller client jar, and it works without a hitch
(haven't restarted the server in months and months).

Yoav Shapira