tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: tomcat 5 initiating jndi lookup to weblogic 8.1 / save my soul!
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:07:56 GMT

Howdy,

>I have an application service which would like to communicate with
weblogic
>8.1 using JMS.  If I include the wlcient.jar in my webapps/app
name/lib/
>directory, I get a cascade of errors on tomcat start up (strack trace
>below).  If I do not include wlclient in the lib directory, I get
>NoClassDefFoundException (s) for classes that exist in that .jar.

The place for the jar is the WEB-INF/lib directory of your webapp, not
common/lib (unless you're setting this up in server.xml, which I suggest
you NOT do, at least for now).

In the past, the Weblogic jar had a bunch of other classes that caused
conflicts, including JMX implementations.  What does your weblogic
client jar contain?

Yoav Shapira