tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Weird Problems
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 16:14:59 GMT

Howdy,

>	public void sessionCreated(HttpSessionEvent evt) {
>
>		activeSessionCount++;
>		HttpSession session = evt.getSession();

>	public void sessionDestroyed(HttpSessionEvent evt) {
>		activeSessionCount--;
>		logger.debug("The number of active sessions: " +
>activeSessionCount);

What if the container was restarted with several active sessions,
causing their serialization to disk, then deserialization when the
context starts back up, and then they timeout normally?  That will give
you a negative counter.

>If I could pin point the occasion, I might solve it by now. I don't
observe
>any logs from the container during the time when the error occurs, but
>would like to know how set up logging messages for the problem. I don't
>know whether it is related with the container configuration. The tag
pool
>is disable.

For starters, enable the AccessLogValve so that you can see both
requests (the one that fails and the one that succeeds) and their
response codes.  You can also add logging to your JSP page.

If you can't pinpoint the error yourself, it's even harder for us, as
none of us know your system as well as you do ;)

Yoav Shapira