tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Servlet thread safety in Tomcat
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:29:52 GMT

Howdy,

>this has made me think a lot about threading , it is really complicated
>, I have researched about it but never found a clean solution to

Threading is complicated, yes, and difficult to do well.  Which is why
when possible you should let someone else do the work for you and use a
library like Doug Lea's util.concurrent, which is now
java.util.concurrent in JDK 1.5.  It has thread pools, executors, locks,
etc so you don't have to write any of this sync code yourself.

Yoav Shapira