tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <>
Subject RE: Tomcat question
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 21:54:36 GMT

>I have setup Tomcat 4.12 in conjunction with Apache 2.0.43 on a Solaris
>UNIX box.  My question is specific to Tomcat.  I know that I can modify
>server.xml to include individual logfiles under the webapps directory,
>Local logs and (I believe) Catalina logfiles.  However, these logfiles
>all inclusive of everything that goes on in Tomcat.  Is there a way
where I
>could set up individual logs for my developers that are their own
>logfiles.  Does Tomcat allow for that?  Thanks.

You can nest a Logger element inside a Host, Engine, or Context.  If you
configure your server such that each developer has his own Host,
Context(s), or Engine, then each can have their own Logger.
Alternatively, and many people do this for convenience, each developer
can have his/her own Tomcat instance.

Yoav Shapira

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: