tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <>
Subject RE: [Fwd: Catalina suspends for no reason?!?]
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 13:47:36 GMT

>I was under the impression that the start script first checks for
>another Tomcat instance, and bails if it finds one. Is that not true?

That's basically false.  The startup code will try to bind to the ports
specified in server.xml.  If they're taken (by any program, tomcat or
other), startup will fail with a BindException.  No other checks for
another tomcat instance are performed.

Yoav Shapira

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: