tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: context configuration file being overwritten
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 20:42:27 GMT

Howdy,

>Hate to repost this unchanged, but I'm surprised this hasn't gotten
>any response.  Any Tomcat developers on the list?  Am I missing
>something about how context configurations files are supposed to work?
>Because otherwise this looks like a bug.

Yes, there are tomcat developers who watch this list.  There's always
the possibility no one cares enough to respond to your post, or no one
is interested enough to research it.

If you think it's a bug, feel free to write and suggest a patch.  If you
don't think this is a bug, or don't feel like writing a patch, change
your deployment practices.  Personally I don't deploy anything other
than a packed WAR file to tomcat's webapps directory.  I don't make use
of symlinks nor put anything in the conf directory, as support for these
is not mandated by the servlet specification and I want my app and its
deployment to be portable.

Yoav Shapira