tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat stops taking connections
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 15:26:56 GMT

Howdy,

>I have this problem. I run Tomcat and it seems to be stable, but after
>while under 'heavy' load it stops taking connections - actually
>connections aren't refused they just don't return. And it won't take
any
>more connections until it has been restarted.

So requests?  For how long?

If all request processing threads are busy, and the max amount of
request processing threads has been creating, tomcat will queue requests
(up to the acceptCount configured for the connector, 100 in your case),
and only if the queue is full will requests be rejected.  So you might
be seeing the 100 requests getting queued up until a processing thread
is ready to service them.

><Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN" debug="5">
>
>Although i honestly dont know what this is for...

That's for shutting down tomcat.

Yoav Shapira