tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: access log
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 18:53:22 GMT

Howdy,

>re: asynchronous DB writes - Tim pointed out the JDBCAccessLogValve. I
>assume you are thinking that this would quickly become a bottleneck?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.  Writing the access log valve should be
very very quick, very very scalable, or it easily becomes a bottleneck.
Remember, for example, that a single page request with 9 images is 10
access log writes.  10 users asking for that page concurrently means 100
concurren access log writes, etc etc.

Yoav Shapira