tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Change URL path of a webapps to root
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 14:06:22 GMT

Howdy,

>Sorry if this question has already been asked before...
>I have a webapps http://localhost/myApps/ on Tomcat 4.1.27 which I'd
>simply like to map to http://localhost . I've added a simple
><context...> tag in the server.xml file and put the "path" attribute to
>blank ("").
>This seems to work, but I'd like to know if this is enough ?
>Should I delete all "ROOT" webapps files anyway (the ones installed
with
>Tomcat by default) ? Because what I don't understand is that the ROOT
>context is disabled by default in the server.xml file (<context
>docBase="ROOT"...> tag is between comment tags), but it can still be
>accessed through HTTP !?

What you've done is enough.  You don't need to delete the ROOT files
because the ROOT context is commented out by default.  But if you don't
need them, delete them for cleanliness.

And yes, this has been asked many times before, you can search this
list's archives for more details if you'd like ;)

Yoav Shapira