tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bodycombe, Andrew" <andrew.bodyco...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: Touble with context container
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:42:03 GMT
What is in your H:\Tomcat\WEB-INF\web.xml file?

-----Original Message-----
From: Didier Croutz [mailto:Didier.Croutz@univ-nancy2.fr]
Sent: 23 February 2004 14:22
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Touble with context container

         Hello,

         I'm starting with Tomcat and I've got a configuration problem.

         I've installed Tomcat 5.014 on a Windows 2K SP4 workstation into
the default directory ("C:\Program Files\Tomcat 5.0"). I've kept the
default settings (e.g. port 8080, admin.xml, server.xml ....). I stored my
applications on a network drive (H:) into a directory named Tomcat.

         I've just modified C:\Program Files\Tomcat 5.0\conf\server.xml
file a little bit adding <Context path="/Tomcat" docBase="H:/Tomcat"
debug="0"> line (server.xml joined to this mail).

         My testing application is into H:\Tomcat directory
(departement.class and recherchDep.html files joined to this mail). I fill
the address field of my web browser (internet explorer 6.0.2800.1106) with:
htpp://localhost:8080/Tomcat/recherchDep.html. I  can reach the html page
but when I tried to launch "departement" script I get a 404 message into my
browser saying that it can reach "departement" resource.

         Could somebody help me ?

         Thanks,
         Regards.