tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Joseph Shraibman <...@selectacast.net>
Subject Re: can't get tomcat 5 to work
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2004 05:51:23 GMT
Oswald Campesato wrote:
> Hello, Joseph:
>
> Perhaps you can try starting with "startup.bat debug" and/or copying
> some JSPs into webapps\ROOT or webapps\jsp-examples to see if
> the problem occurs.

starting with startup.sh -debug doesn't produce any good error messages.

Copying my webapp to the tomcat/webapp-name/ROOT does work (for the jsps
anyway) but that isn't what I want.

In tomcat 4.1.18 I had this in my tomcat/webapp-name/default.xml:

<Context path="" docBase="/local/webapps/name"
         debug="9">
           <Resources className="org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext"
                      allowLinking="true" docBase="" />

</Context>

... why isn't this working with tomcat 5?