tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <christopher.d.schu...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Run Applet on Tomcat 5.0.16 -- Where should I to put class files?
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 21:27:21 GMT
Henry,

> I still get "applet not initialized" error after I using  the
> archive="http://localhost/PluginApplet.jar" tag in jsp:plugin.

What is the actual error? IE should provide a more descriptive error
message when the pplet does not load. Try double-clicking on any
strange-looking icons in IE's status bar (like the one when you get a
JavaScript error).

If you're using Sun's VM (with the plug-in), you probably have a Java
console running in your system tray. Check that for some kind of log, etc.

 > Do I have
> to setup classpath environment variable on my Windows system?

No.

Do you have any external dependencies that are not provided by the Java
version you are expecting (like a strange UI library or something)? If
so, you'll have to make those JAR files available to the applet by
adding them to the "archive" attribute, separated by commas, like this:

<jsp:plugin type="applet"
	code="PluginApplet.class"
	archive="http://localhost/PluginApplet.jar,http://localhost/foo.jar"

</jsp:plugin>