tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Aadi Deshpande <mailingli...@clubmom-inc.com>
Subject Cluster error when starting up web application
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 03:45:44 GMT
Hi,

I just got Tomcat 5.0.19 and after setting up the new delta based
cluster manager, i get this during the startup my application :

SEVERE: Session event listener threw exception
java.lang.IllegalStateException: setAttribute: Session already invalidated
        at
org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaSession.setAttribute(DeltaSession.java:1306)
        at
org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaSession.setAttribute(DeltaSession.java:1283)
        at
org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaSessionFacade.setAttribute(DeltaSessionFacade.java:17
7)
        at
com.opensymphony.webwork.lifecycle.SessionLifecycleListener.sessionCreated(SessionLifecycleLis
tener.java:50)
        at
org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaSession.tellNew(DeltaSession.java:459)
        at
org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaSession.setId(DeltaSession.java:431)
        at
org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager.createSession(DeltaManager.java:377)
        at
org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager.messageReceived(DeltaManager.java:895)
        at
org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager.messageDataReceived(DeltaManager.java:794)
        at
org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster.messageDataReceived(SimpleTcpCluster.java:561
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.cluster.io.ObjectReader.execute(ObjectReader.java:117)
        at
org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.TcpReplicationThread.drainChannel(TcpReplicationThread.java:17
6)
        at
org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.TcpReplicationThread.run(TcpReplicationThread.java:114)

As far as I can tell, it's happening when I request a page that has the
webwork2 RequestLifecycleFilter set for that url pattern.  The doFilter
function creates a HttpSession if none exists, which I assume calls the
SessionLifecycleListener.sessionCreated(), but for some reason, it seems
like the session is being invalidated prematurely..

Here's the relevant piece from my web.xml :
    <filter>
        <filter-name>container</filter-name>
        <filter-class>

com.opensymphony.webwork.lifecycle.RequestLifecycleFilter</filter-class>
    </filter>
    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>container</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
        <!-- modify appropriately -->
    </filter-mapping>
    <listener>
        <listener-class>

com.opensymphony.webwork.lifecycle.SessionLifecycleListener</listener-class>
    </listener>
    <listener>
        <listener-class>

com.opensymphony.webwork.lifecycle.ApplicationLifecycleListener</listener-class>
    </listener>

and from my server.xml file, taken pretty much verbatim from the default
server.xml:

    <Cluster className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"

managerClassName="org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager"
                 expireSessionsOnShutdown="false"
                 useDirtyFlag="true">

            <Membership
                className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastService"
                mcastAddr="224.64.64.128"
                mcastPort="45600"
                mcastFrequency="500"
                mcastDropTime="3000"/>

     <Receiver

className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationListener"
                tcpListenAddress="auto"
                tcpListenPort="4060"
                tcpSelectorTimeout="100"
                tcpThreadCount="3"/>

            <Sender

className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationTransmitter"
                replicationMode="pooled"/>

         <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationValve"
               filter=".*\.gif;.*\.js;.*\.jpg;.*\.htm;.*\.html;.*\.txt;"/>

        </Cluster>

Anyone know what's going on? Or can provide some insight into what I may
be missing?

Thanks for any info.

-a