tomcat-users mailing list archives

From jerome moliere <jmoli...@nerim.net>
Subject Re: Viewing errors
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:18:53 GMT
Leo Tomcat wrote:

>Hi all, I'm using Tomcat 4.0.6 and I've already installed it as a service.
>My problem now, is that I can't see the console that was so usefull for viewing when some
exception was thrown, or just for debugging using System.out.println.
>I've searched the log files at $TOMCAT_HOME\logs and I couldn't find any of the logs that
my webapp leaves.
>I've tried System.err and nothing happend.
>Does any one know, how to send my my error-logs or simplier logs to a file??
>Is that configurable or a code matter??

I highly suggest you to use chainsaw  & to configure your logs using
log4j....
After this you will be able to view your logs on the machine of your
choice with a nice GUI...
LOG4J resources (manual & so on) may guide you

HTH
Jerome

--
Auteur cahier du programmeur Java tome 2 - Eyrolles 10/2003
http://www.eyrolles.com/php.informatique/Ouvrages/ouvrage.php3?ouv_ean13=9782212111941