tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jon Wingfield <jon.wingfi...@mkodo.com>
Subject Re: using jar files in place of class files
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:57:32 GMT
Also make sure that the user running tomcat has write permissions to 
$CATALINA_TMPDIR. That's where the JVM does its temporary io work.

HTH,

Jon

Evgeny Gesin wrote:
> I set ownership tomcatUser:tomcatUser and permission
> 770 to the entire path
> $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/app/WEB-INF/lib, including jar
> files under 'lib',  and then got that exception again.
> More advice?
> 
> Evgeny Gesin
> Javadesk
> 
> --- "Filip Hanik (lists)" <devlists@hanik.com> wrote:
> 
>>----- Root Cause -----
>>java.io.IOException: Permission denied
>>	at
>>java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native
>>
>>you have a permission issue on your filesystem,
>>make sure the entire tomcat tree is owned by the
>>user running tomcat
>>
>>Filip
>>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: Evgeny Gesin [mailto:evgenygesin@yahoo.com]
>>Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2004 8:46 AM
>>To: Tomcat Users List
>>Subject: Re: using jar files in place of class files
>>
>>
>>When I add any JAR in the WEB-INF/lib I got the
>>following exception. Any advice?
>>
>>Evgeny Gesin
>>Javadesk
>>
>>2004-02-22 18:38:09 WebappLoader[/myapp]: Deploying
>>class repositories to work directory
>>/usr/java/tomcat/work/Catalina/127.0.0.1:80/myapp
>>2004-02-22 18:38:09 WebappLoader[/myapp]: Deploy JAR
>>/WEB-INF/lib/myapp.jar to
>>/usr/java/tomcat/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/lib/myapp.jar
>>2004-02-22 18:38:10 ContextConfig[/myapp] Exception
>>processing JAR at resource path
>>/WEB-INF/lib/myapp.jar
>>javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception processing
>>JAR at resource path /WEB-INF/lib/myapp.jar
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScanJar(ContextConfig.java:930)
> 
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScan(ContextConfig.java:868)
> 
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.start(ContextConfig.java:647)
> 
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:
> 
>>243)
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSuppor
> 
>>t.java:166)
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3582)
> 
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)
> 
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:754)
> 
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)
> 
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:363)
> 
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:497)
> 
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2190)
> 
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:512)
> 
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
> 
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
> 
>>	at
>>sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
>>Method)
>>	at
>>
> 
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39
> 
>>)
>>	at
>>
> 
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl
> 
>>.java:25)
>>	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
> 
>>----- Root Cause -----
>>java.io.IOException: Permission denied
>>	at
>>java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native
>>Method)
>>	at java.io.File.checkAndCreate(File.java:1314)
>>	at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1402)
>>	at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1439)
>>	at
>>
> 
> sun.net.www.protocol.jar.URLJarFile$1.run(URLJarFile.java:169)
> 
>>	at
>>java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
>>Method)
>>	at
>>
> 
> sun.net.www.protocol.jar.URLJarFile.retrieve(URLJarFile.java:164)
> 
>>	at
>>
> 
> sun.net.www.protocol.jar.URLJarFile.getJarFile(URLJarFile.java:42)
> 
>>	at
>>
> 
> sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarFileFactory.get(JarFileFactory.java:68)
> 
>>	at
>>
> 
> sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection.connect(JarURLConnection.java:85)
> 
>>	at
>>
> 
> sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection.getJarFile(JarURLConnection.java:6
> 
>>9)
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScanJar(ContextConfig.java:906)
> 
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScan(ContextConfig.java:868)
> 
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.start(ContextConfig.java:647)
> 
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:
> 
>>243)
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSuppor
> 
>>t.java:166)
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3582)
> 
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)
> 
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:754)
> 
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)
> 
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:363)
> 
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:497)
> 
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2190)
> 
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:512)
> 
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
> 
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
> 
>>	at
>>sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
>>Method)
>>	at
>>
> 
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39
> 
>>)
>>	at
>>
> 
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl
> 
>>.java:25)
>>	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>>	at
>>
> 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
> 
>>__________________________________



Mime
View raw message