tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Fiol Bonnín <fiol.bon...@terra.es>
Subject Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: Very Very Slow performance of Tomcat
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2004 20:00:29 GMT
meissa.Sakho@assetmanagement.natexis.fr wrote:

>Thank you for you answers Antonio,
>
>Yes we have a firewall between tomcat and apache.
>Does it means that there is something else to do?

If your firewall is well-behaved, no. There is nothing else to do.
However, this is not usually the case.  :-(

If your firewall drops idle connections after some time, you will need
to tune a couple of settings.

In Apache (workers.properties), set:

worker.something.socket_keepalive=1

In your sysctl settings for the Apache machine, set your tcp keepalive
time to a value lower than the drop time of your firewall.

Otherwise, you will bang your head against a wall. And that causes
headache ;-)

Antonio Fiol