tomcat-users mailing list archives

From blais <bl...@enel.ucalgary.ca>
Subject Re: no ojdbc14 in java.library.path, Help I'm stuck trying to write this servlet!
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:14:25 GMT
  Thanks again Apu.

Here is my core dump since i've removed the database configuration from
the web admin tool.

  HTTP Status 500 -

*type* Exception report

*message*

*description* _The server encountered an internal error () that
prevented it from fulfilling this request._

*exception*

	filters.ExampleFilter.doFilter(ExampleFilter.java:149)

*root cause*

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no ojdbc14 in java.library.path
	java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1491)
	java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:788)
	java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:834)
	HelloWorldExample.doGet(HelloWorldExample.java:65)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:743)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
	filters.ExampleFilter.doFilter(ExampleFilter.java:149)

*note* _The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the
Tomcat logs._

Note that this is going through apache.  The java command which is
causing this error is         *System.loadLibrary("ojdbc14")*. in my
servlet.  Apparently if this call works, then registering an Oracle
driver with *DriverManager.registerDriver(new
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver()); *will also work.  When this error is
received, nothing hangs at all.  Thanks again for your help Apu, you're
god send!

Cheers,
-jeremie