tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Fiol BonnĂ­n <>
Subject Re: One user seeing another user's data
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2004 07:17:17 GMT
Hi Kuloth,

Seatch Tomcat-user for "concurrency problems" or "threading issues".
There has been recent discussion on the topic.

Concurrency problems are the main source of session mix-up. Also look
for "instance variables" (hint: avoid them in Servlets)

Antonio Fiol

Anbu wrote:

>Hello Bill and All,
>Could any one of you throw some light on a problem that I am facing on Apache 1.3.28/Mod-jk
1.2.0/Tomcat 4.0.6 setup?
>The problem is that an user could see someother user's data (some kind of session mix
up). When I searched the tomcat-dev list I found that Bill had replied that the problem could
be related to error handling and it is not a synchorinazation problem.
>Bill, as you have already seen and analyized this issue, could you please help me on this
issue ?
>Thank you all in advance.

View raw message