tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Aadi Deshpande <mailingli...@clubmom-inc.com>
Subject Re: tomcat and VM settings
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 21:02:43 GMT
Hi,

Not sure what you're asking.
Hard numbers I don't have.  I've pretty much run all my server based
applications with -server since they introduced it, but I think Sun's
documentation and common knowledge bears it out.  There's also some
obscure documentation that explains what the -server options sets
defaults to ( like method compile threshold, stack size, heap size,
etc.. ) which also shows them to be better for applications that do the
same thing day in and day out.  I will try to locate this.

I do hope to have numbers soon with the effect of the new Parallel and
Concurrent garbage collectors in effect.

Let me know if I can be of more assistance,
-a