tomcat-users mailing list archives

From BAO RuiXian <ruixian....@pp.inet.fi>
Subject Re: jsp deployment
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2004 18:04:55 GMT

Jerry Ford wrote:

> Tomcat manager shows EBook is running.  And, when I request it through
> Apache, Tomcat does serve it up.  When I request it through port 8080,
> Tomcat says it's not available:

I suggest for now you forget running via Apache totally, since if it is
not working directly from Tomcat, it cannot be running via Apache. What
you see Tomcat is serving via Apache, actually it is not, rather the
Apache itself is serving it.

You say Tomcat manager shows EBook is running, did you run
localhost:8080//manager/list? Can you post the result of the url?

To further debug, can you do  the following:

    1. Make a 'test' directory under your webapps directory, i.e.
paralell to "examples" and "EBook";
    2. Make a Context block in the server.xml file for 'test' by
copy/paste/modify the Context block for "examples";
    3. Install this 'test' app by running
localhost:8080/manager/install?war=test

Then run localhost:8080/test, what happens?

Best

Bao