tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Another Try at MySQL Connection Pooling
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:58:40 GMT
Merrill,
I think everyone's waiting to see you kick yourself when you discover
what the problem is... ;)

No seriously, there are 2 things that I would try - (1) debug the
context - I think it returns an enum of entries available from some
method, and (2) go back to the most basic test servlet / jsp,
context.xml & web.xml, and a clean install of tomcat and try it there.

Also check your <Host> settings in server.xml. Is deployXML="true"? I
think it should be.

As far as a learning experience goes, I think giving it up as a bad
thing now would only be a negative experience, whereas actually finding
out what is wrong and fixing it, well as long as it doesn't take too long.

On 02/11/2004 11:34 PM Merrill Cornish wrote:
> Jay,
>
>   >>> once in my .WAR, and once as a result of my Ant deploy task
>
>   I have yet to move to that plane of confusion.  I'm not using a META-INF directory
or a .WAR file since I'm still trying to figure out WHAT to deploy.  I am manually editing

>   * the conf/server.xml file (to change the default ports, but nothing else),
>
>   * the webapps/timesheet/* directory (to hold the application),
>
>   * the webapps/WEB-INF/web.xml file (to name and map the various servlets, etc.), and
>
>   * conf/Cataline/localhost/timesheet.xml (to define the context).
>
> I think it's time I reverted to DriverManager and got on with other things.  While Tomcat
DataSources are proved to be a learning experience with a vengance, it hasn't been a very
positive one.  :-(

> Nevertheless, thanks for your help and support.
>
> Merrill

struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.16 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 Debian