tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hollerman Geralyn M <gmh2...@louisiana.edu>
Subject Re: cookies, Safari, and Tomcat
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:26:22 GMT
Aadi Deshpande wrote:

> Hollerman Geralyn M wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to figure out some behavior I'm seeing only when I use
>> Safari (v1.25? - downloaded from the Apple site last week) and Tomcat.
>> This involves cookies. I am using Tomcat 5.0.16. I have written a
>> servlet that sends a cookie back to the server for use later on; I can
>> see this cookie when using Mozilla, Netscape, or IE when I look at a
>> list of cookies. I also see the JESSIONID cookie that Tomcat uses in
>> this list. However, when I use Safari, I see the JESSIONID cookie, but
>> not the cookie I created. I'm not sure what the reason is for this; if
>> I didn't do something in my code, I'd like to find out what it is, and
>> for this I'd imagine I'd have to look thru the Tomcat source and see
>> what's done when the JSESSIONID cookie is created. Unfortunately, I
>> can't seem to find this.
>>
>> Has anyone seen this behavior before? How should I deal with it? Or
>> can someone point me to the program where the JESSSIONID cookie for
>> Tomcat is created?
>>
>> Thanks!
>

> What is the cookie version of the cookie that you created?  We've
> noticed some odd behaviour when using cookies and that magically went
> away when we started using version  0 cookies.

I have tried creating both version 0 and version 1 cookies; it doesn't
appear to matter - the behavior is the same.

Also, I have been told that "the bug that affected Safari and cookies
has been repaired prior to (the version I am using) of Safari"; it's
entirely possible that this is a different cookie problem with Safari, tho!

--
Lynn Hollerman.