tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dan <snot...@comcast.net>
Subject what are some things people have done if tomcat fails to start
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 03:58:10 GMT
Even though a web app can have an error page, what have some people done
to indicate to its audience if the tomcat server is not up and running?
It has been explained to me that when a seperate instance of tomcat is
started on the same machine while an instance is already running, when a
user attempts to connect to a web app the message, "server is starting,"
will be returned.

I am dealing with Tomcat 3.3 at the moment.

1) Is it possible to start a second instance of tomcat with the same
server.xml, etc. while one instance is already running?

2) How have some people redirected users to a useful error page when a
Tomcat server does not successfully come up?

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Dan