tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: root context loaded again under its docbase name
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 22:36:39 GMT
On 02/09/2004 11:01 PM Shapira, Yoav wrote:
>>If there's no context.xml, then I don't get a root context - no "_", no
>>nada - and no errors. Just the context with the same name as the war
> file.
>
> So if there's no context.xml, the behavior is correct (with all default
> values, e.g. reloadable).  If you add a context.xml, you get the context
> twice, once as root and once appropriately.  Seems like a bug, no?

Just tried that with a simple test.war file and a mickey mouse context.xml.

It seems that it will not occur when the war has never been deployed
before. But after the first deploy, once the war-file-name.xml exists in
conf/Catalina/localhost/ and then when tomcat is restarted, tc then
deploys the unwanted second context.

I'll log it as a bug.

Adam
--