tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Josh Rehman <jreh...@citysearch.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat question
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 21:58:40 GMT

Bliesner, Christopher P wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have setup Tomcat 4.12 in conjunction with Apache 2.0.43 on a Solaris UNIX box.  My
question is specific to Tomcat.  I know that I can modify the server.xml to include individual
logfiles under the webapps directory, both Local logs and (I believe) Catalina logfiles.
However, these logfiles are all inclusive of everything that goes on in Tomcat.  Is there
a way where I could set up individual logs for my developers that are their own personal logfiles.
 Does Tomcat allow for that?  Thanks.

You can certianly set a log file per Context. If you can live with a
Context per developer, then your problem is solved. It is odd that your
specific logs are getting extraneous (global tomcat) bits - normally
that stuff is consumed by the top level logger and doesn't pass down to
the overriding loggers.

--
Josh Rehman
citysearch.com