tomcat-users mailing list archives

From kwirirai <kwiri...@designat7.co.zw>
Subject Re: Servlet thread safety in Tomcat
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 18:30:16 GMT
The app is simply meant to grab some mails from a pop server and simply
display it using Java Mail.
I realise part of my mistake is using global variables ,unsynchronized
collections and unsynchronized code blocks.I am not using the single
thread model.
My initial thought ( :-)  forgive me its some time since I have coded
servlets) was that Tomcat will create a new servlet instance that is
totally independed of the other,  for each request.On testing the app on
two client machines I have realized that the data is corrupted all mixed
up and my velocity template is throwing an error  caused by concurrent
modification.
My question is there some way of making this app thread safe and also
how does Tomcat  actually many requests , in terms of the  threading
method used?I am using Tomcat 4.1