tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Josh Rehman <jreh...@citysearch.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Loads Deleted Context?
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 08:45:33 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> What I recommend with TC 5 is put your context declarations in
> /META-INF/context.xml, and use the manager to manage your webapps. If
> using external contexts, then it's the similar: either use the manager
> webapp or drop your context file in the right subdir of "conf" (and
> use the manager to undeploy).

I've been playing with tomcat and the new way of doing things isn't all
bad. In some ways its nice to have one file per context. Certainly its
nice not having to restart tomcat for context changes. I still believe
there is something to be said for "everything in one place" but for now
I don't think this scheme is so bad as I did a few days ago. Could've
been documented better but Yoav has addressed that to some degree.

Thanks.