tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Josh Rehman <jreh...@citysearch.com>
Subject Re: tomcat 5.0.16 running out of resources
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2004 22:18:48 GMT
Sun's javac that comes with the 1.3 sdk leaks memory. This is a known
issue. 1.4+ and jikes can fix it.

To my mind the (much) better way is to precompile your JSPs. Check out:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/jasper-howto.html

This has the added benefit of avoiding that annoying stuttering when
your application is first accessed.

HTH