tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject root context loaded again under its docbase name
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2004 12:46:36 GMT
I've seen and asked about this about a year ago but since it wasn't
important, I didn't bother chasing it up when I found no solution. It's
happening again.

Tomcat loads my context twice. Once for root and once with the name of
its WAR file.

My war file is called gargantus.war. This is my <Host>:

<Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"
   unpackWARs="false"
   autoDeploy="false"
   deployXML="true" >

and this is my context (which is found in META-INF/context.xml):

<Context path="" docBase="gargantus.war" cachingAllowed="false"
     reloadable="false" >

Anybody else with the same setup see this? Bug or not bug?

Interestingly tomcat creates working files in work/Catalina/localhost/_/
AND in work/Catalina/localhost/gargantus/ even when I only access the
root context.

Adam

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.16 + java 1.4.2