tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Rees <dr...@greenhydrant.com>
Subject Re: Do the tomcat developers use bugzilla?
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 09:13:21 GMT
Josh Rehman wrote, On 2/4/2004 10:21 PM:

> At first I was shocked that TC5 has only 15 bugs registered. Then I
> looked at the TC4 bugs: only 647, and almost all of them new.
>
> Should I bother filing any more bugs? Are the TC developers using
> another bug system? Are they using any bug system? Speaking of which,
> who *is* developing Tomcat these days?

You really should have a look at the -dev list.  BTW, I found 598 bugs
in various states for TC5, and 3284 bugs in various states for TC4.

The main reason you see a lot of open bugs for TC4 is because there is a
LOT more users using TC4, and not many developers working on TC4
anymore.  It takes a lot of time to wade through those bug reports,
validate them and do the appropriate thing.

You make it sound like Tomcat developers aren't doing anything, when in
fact they are working very hard.

-Dave