tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pete Stokes <stok...@quinn-direct.com>
Subject Re: Connection timing out *annoying*
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 08:13:11 GMT
I have checked the amount of free file descriptors, and I never lose too
many. I start getting the socket exceptions before file descriptors even
get down to 200 free.

This should be my last hurdle to getting a decent load test before going
home to sleep so if any1 can help it would be appreciated !

Tx.
Pete.

Using netstat -a, I see loads of tcp connection in a "TIME_WAIT" state.
Accoring to man, this socket is "waiting after close to handle packets
still in the network", so does this mean I have some limitation in the
linux kernel or tomcat ?

Pete.

Pete Stokes wrote:

 > Hi.
 >
 > Currently performing a load test, 150 users, and I am getting the below
 > error, for 15 simulated users.
 >
 > I have
 > maxThreads=3000
 > minSpareThreads=25
 > maxSpareThreads=400
 > acceptCount=10
 > connectionTimeout=-1
 > Xms=64m, Xmx=768m
 >
 > Connection timed out from client (Grinder). As I have -1 connection
timeout, any1 have an idea why I get this message ?

 > Thanks,
 > Pete.
 >
 > 5/04 5:55:11 AM (thread 4 run 0): Aborted run, script threw class
 > java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
 > java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
 >     at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
 >     at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
 >     at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
 >     at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
 >     at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
 >     at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
 >     at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
 >     at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
 >     at HTTPClient.HTTPConnection.getSocket(HTTPConnection.java:3212)
 >     at HTTPClient.HTTPConnection.sendRequest(HTTPConnection.java:2970)
 >     at HTTPClient.HTTPConnection.handleRequest(HTTPConnection.java:2792)
 >     at HTTPClient.HTTPConnection.setupRequest(HTTPConnection.java:2584)

system manager.

in error please notify the system manager.
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the
presence of computer viruses.