tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pete Stokes <stok...@quinn-direct.com>
Subject Re: Connection timing out *annoying*
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 06:41:33 GMT
Using netstat -a, I see loads of tcp connection in a "TIME_WAIT" state.
Accoring to man, this socket is "waiting after close to handle packets
still in the network", so does this mean I have some limitation in the
linux kernel or tomcat ?

Pete.

Pete Stokes wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Currently performing a load test, 150 users, and I am getting the below
> error, for 15 simulated users.
>
> I have
> maxThreads=3000
> minSpareThreads=25
> maxSpareThreads=400
> acceptCount=10
> connectionTimeout=-1
> Xms=64m, Xmx=768m
>
> Connection timed out from client (Grinder). As I have -1 connection
> timeout, any1 have an idea why I get this message ?
>
> Thanks,
> Pete.
>
> 5/04 5:55:11 AM (thread 4 run 0): Aborted run, script threw class
> java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
> java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
>     at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
>     at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
>     at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
>     at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
>     at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
>     at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
>     at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
>     at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
>     at HTTPClient.HTTPConnection.getSocket(HTTPConnection.java:3212)
>     at HTTPClient.HTTPConnection.sendRequest(HTTPConnection.java:2970)
>     at HTTPClient.HTTPConnection.handleRequest(HTTPConnection.java:2792)
>     at HTTPClient.HTTPConnection.setupRequest(HTTPConnection.java:2584)

in error please notify the system manager.
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the
presence of computer viruses.