tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sam Seaver <samsea...@northwestern.edu>
Subject [Fwd: Catalina suspends for no reason?!?]
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 21:10:53 GMT
I have discovered something that may be in effect linked to my previous
email, regard catalina.sh:

I use `catalina.sh stop` and `catalina.sh start -security` to restart
the tomcat web server.

However, I have come to realise that on occaison, the 'stop' command
does not work, and when I restart, I thereafter create two copies of the
original tomcat. this should not be possible because the first tomcat
should be using the same port, and thus blocking the restart, but
somehow, the restart does happen??

When I stop the second process, then tomcat officially stops working,
even though the original process is still runnning.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Thanks
Sam Seaver