tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vitor Buitoni <vitor.buit...@digitro.com.br>
Subject Re: Installing Tomcat 5 from JPackage
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 11:19:17 GMT
To be able to install tomcat rpm package, you must install a lot of
other packages that tomcat depends on, first.
I already did this once, and for me it was very time consuming and it
wasn't easy at all. This is because JPackager can't provide some
packages as binary packages, because of copyright restrictions. So you
have to download the "nosrc" rpm from jpackage, download the source code
from the software site (e.g. java.sun.com) and build the rpm from the
scratch. Then you can install this rpm.
The whole process might be very painful, at least for me it was, since i
had to learn something about the rpm creation process. :-)

So, the REAL question is :
- Does anybody know the advantage of installing a tomcat rpm package??