tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rodrigo Ruiz <rr...@gridsystems.com>
Subject Re: How to get a thread stack dump programmatically
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 14:12:27 GMT
Thanks Yoav, do you remember some keyword I could use to find that code
in the archives? I have searched with no luck :-(

I have this code section:

List list = getAllThreads();
for (Iterator it = list.iterator(); it.hasNext(); ) {
  Thread t = (Thread)it.next();
  String strace = getStackTrace(t);
}

I know how to get a list of all threads in the system, but I do not know
how to obtain a stack dump from a thread being passed as a parameter.
The only method that seems related to this task is Thread.dumpStack(),
but it is intended to be called from within the thread, so it will not
work for me.

Thanks again,
Rodrigo Ruiz