tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: access log
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 08:23:22 GMT
Hi Yan,
I'm only writing the access logs to a DB, I'm not too interested in
keeping the normal logs as long as everything runs peachy.

There is actually a small comment in the JDBCAccessLogValve noting that
it would be good to develop a filter on the mime type - with which one
could just drop all the image request log statements, for instance.

However all the fuss about bottlenecks is all pie-in-the-sky for me,
unless my website becomes hugely successful. At that point of course
I'll just hire someone to develop it ;)

Adam

On 02/02/2004 11:36 PM Yansheng Lin wrote:
> Hi, How about just log errors and warnings to the db?  So for other types of log
> entry, it will still be file based; but when there is an error or a warning, in
> log4j, you set it up so it writes to two places.  I don't notice any performance
> issue with this setup. But just want to confirm.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Yan

struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.16 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 Debian