tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Aadi Deshpande <mailingli...@clubmom-inc.com>
Subject problems shutting down server when enabling the SimpleTcpCluster
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 21:59:37 GMT

Hi,

we have 2 tomcat instances that are clustered via the
SimpleTcpReplication cluster.

When they start up, i see that they are both communicating and they seem
to be working OK.

However, whenever I try to shut down an instance using the
$TOMCAT_HOME/bin/catalina.sh script, the server never fully dies.

It seems like there around 20 threads still hanging around, all doing
something related to persisting these sessions.

This is in a development instance so we have maybe 4 or 5 sessions at
best at any given time,so I'm not sure why replication would take so long.
These servers hang around forever and can only be killed via a  "kill
-9" .  Any further attempts to run 'catalina.sh stop'  results in the
connection refused error, presumably because the instance has stopped
listening on that port for requests.

And i know the server is attempting to shut down since i get the
"Unregistering..." messages in my log files.

Any help is much appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Aadi Deshpande