tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Duncan Smith <dsm...@deckertelecom.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.1.29 and J2SDK1.4.2
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 14:19:19 GMT
Hi.

I had same problem when upgrading JDKs.

After downloading and installing  jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29-LE-jdk14.exe instead of jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29.exe
it worked fine.
(http://apache.mirrors.rossfell.co.uk/dist/jakarta/tomcat-4/v4.1.29/bin/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29-LE-jdk14.exe)

Hope this helps.
Duncan Smith
www.pennymail.com

Maarten van Heiningen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I´m using Tomcat 4.1.29 on a windows 2000 machine in combination with j2sdk1.4.2_03
s.e.

> I used to run this tomcat version under jdk1.3.1_02 and all worked well. Because of better
results under Ant I wanted to upgrade the sdk version.

> Now my tomcat will not start and is complaining about the JVM. I have changed the JAVA_HOME
and the JSSE_HOME env. settings and restarted but no result.

> Any sugestions?
>
> Maarten
> System Manager event viewer error messages:
>
> The Apache Tomcat 4.1 service failed to start.
>
> Could not load the Java Virtual Machine.
>
> The LoadLibrary function failed for the following reason: The specified module could
not be found.

> This communication together with any attachments transmitted with it ("this E-Mail")
is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information which is privileged
and confidential.  If the reader of this E-Mail is not the intended recipient or the employee
or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient you are hereby notified that
any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this E-Mail is strictly prohibited.
 Addressees should check this E-mail for viruses.  The Company makes no representations as
regards the absence of viruses in this E-Mail.  If you have received this E-Mail in error
please notify our ISe Response Team immediately by telephone on +44 (0)20 8896 5828 or via
e-mail at postmaster@cpw.co.uk  Please then immediately delete, erase or otherwise destroy
this E-Mail and any copies of it.

> Any opinions expressed in this E-Mail are those of the author and do not necessarily
constitute the views of the Company.  Nothing in this E-Mail shall bind the Company in any
contract or obligation.

> For the purposes of this E-Mail "the Company" means The Carphone Warehouse Group Plc
and/or any of its subsidiaries.

> Please feel free to visit our website:  http:// www.carphonewarehouse.com or http://www.phonehouse.com
>
> The Carphone Warehouse Group Plc (Registered in England No. 3253714) North Acton Business
Park, Wales Farm Road, London W3 6RS