tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Philipp Taprogge <Philipp.Tapro...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Error compiling servlet file,help
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 02:29:29 GMT
Hi!

Avinash Sridhar wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion,I did as you told and echo %CLASSPATH% going into the directory,
> but still the errors as below.

And the result was... what?

The compiler errors can be interpreted in only one way: the
servlet-api is _not_ in your classlath. Hence there can be only one
cause of the problem: you are not adding them correctly.
Thsi is clearly a shell issue.

>>>/********** tomcat.bat *************/
>>>
>>>set classpath=;E/tomcat/tomcat-5/common/lib/servlet-api.jar
>>>set classpath=;E/tomcat/tomcat-5/common/lib/jsp-api.jar

I see three issues here: for one I don't know what that leading ; is
about. If it's not a problem, it is definitively not necessary.
Secondly, I am not sure if you can use forward slashes in the
classpath on Windose machines. And either way, you are missing a : as
in E: at the beginning.

HTH

		Phil