tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pete Stokes <>
Subject Tomcat / WebSphere Performance
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2004 20:05:47 GMT
Following up from my earlier post re Tomcat performance on different
platforms, I have 3rd party results on comparing Tomcat and WebSphere on
different platforms for their app, obviously I don't have intricate
details about this test.

                                    Tomcat  WAS Win 2K   WAS iSeries
Overall Average Response time      873ms      680ms        22206ms
Overall Trans Average Response     1610ms     1200ms          -

How does this compare to people's experiences, speed comparison, etc as
per same application in different appservers / os's ?

(Noting WAS=WebSphere app server 4.0.7), Tomcat *probably* 4.1.29. JDK
for Tomcat unknown.

Any comments would be greatly useful.

in error please notify the system manager.
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the
presence of computer viruses.
For any information on the Quinn Group of Companies please visit :-

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message