tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Cox, Charlie" <c...@cincom.com>
Subject RE: context configuration file being overwritten
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 20:23:12 GMT

Actually I am using CATALINA_HOME/CATALINA_BASE for a single instance for
the ease of upgrading. I have separated /webapps, /conf, and /temp from
/bin, /common, /shared, and /server. The only issue that I see upon upgrade
is that I need to copy my libs in /common and /shared if I install the new
version to a new directory and change CATALINA_HOME appropriately. I'm
interested to hear what other issues you see with this as /conf wouldn't be
affected by a new tomcat point release to CATALINA_HOME.

> Also, regardless of whether this would serve my needs better, there's
> the issue of the behavior I'm seeing and whether or not it's a bug.
> If so, it should be addressed.

I agree that it should be looked into. My suggestion was more of an
alternative.