tomcat-users mailing list archives

From laurent.joub...@accenture.com
Subject Session stickyness mod_jk2 / Tomcat
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2004 08:32:30 GMT
Hello,

I am using Apache 2.0.48 (binary) on a WinXP platform with two Tomcat 4.1.29 (binary also)
instances for test purposes, and I am having trouble with session stickyness. The load balancing
works great but I don't have any whatever I try.

Here is my workers2.properties configuration file:
#---- workers2.properties
[config:]
file=${serverRoot}/conf/workers2.properties
debug=10

[logger.file:0]
file=jk2.log
level=DEBUG
debug=10

[shm:]
file=SHM.file
size=100000000

[workerEnv:]
logger:logger.file:0

[lb:lb]
timeout=0
attempts=3
recovery=30
stickySession=1

[channel.socket:127.0.0.1:8009]
tomcatID=tomcat0
graceful=0
keepalive=1
lb_factor=1
group=lb

[channel.socket:127.0.0.1:8109]
tomcatID=tomcat1
graceful=0
keepalive=1
lb_factor=1
group=lb

[status:status]

[uri:/*.jsp]
worker=lb:lb

[uri:/status/*]
worker=status:status
#---- workers2.properties end

And here is my server.xml configuration file from one of the Tomcat instance (the other is
similar):

#---- Excerpt of server.xml

 <Service name="Tomcat-Standalone">

               enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443"
               useURIValidationHack="false"
               protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler"/>

  <Engine jvmRoute= "tomcat0" name="Standalone" defaultHost="tomcat0" debug="0">

              prefix="catalina_log." suffix=".txt"
              timestamp="true"/>

                 debug="0" resourceName="UserDatabase"/>

   <Host name="tomcat0" debug="0" appBase="webapps"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">

#---- End of excerpt

As you can see, stickySession is set to 1. When I look at the headers (using Live Header within
Mozilla) I can see that the correct cookie is sent to mod_jk2, but it does not seem to be
taken into account by mod_jk.

Any idea where the problem could come from? I am having trouble to debug the mod_jk2. With
the conf file I gave you above, I cannot get any interesting logging. Do you have any interesting
debuging or statistical tools that I could use?

Otherwise I also tried to use mod_jk instead of mod_jk2, but mod_jk simply does not work!
(this is another story though, and since I am interested in mod_jk2 it does not really matter).

Laurent